Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you dye your hair?

Mad Hatter

Veteran

Reaction score
One of my neighbors is in his mid 50's. He had grey hair on the sides and a little bit of grey on top. All of a sudden his hair is 100% dark and it is painfully obvious that he has gone and dyed it. I have no problem with women dying their hair, no problem at all. Men tend to judge women by the way they look so women often become self conscious about their appearance. But I have a different opinion about men dying their hair. I think that a man can make a fool of himself when he dyes his hair.

First off I think grey hair makes men look dignified and it suits us. I for one will not be touching up my hair when I get older.

No. I think dyeing your hair just to hide the grey is vain. I don't mind young people dyeing their hair outrageous colours as that is part of being young and I don't object to older people dyeing their hair blonde or whatever simply because they fancy a change. But for vanity, a resounding no. I still have my natural red hair even at my age.

I don't find men dying their hair to be a problem. Much like women, men too like to change up their style and I feel they should be able to do that.

I know grey is known as the new silver and most will embrace that but some would rather have no grey or silver hair and dying your hair to get rid of that I feel is fine :)

Nope I don't dye my hair, in fact I have never done that since I could remember. I have hair that is naturally black, so there's no point using black dye and I'm not interested in dying it to any other color. Even when I'm growing old and I begin to have grey hairs, I will not dye it. There is beauty in grey headedness.

My hair is naturally black, I have never dye it before, and am even from a place where does who do this are viewed or considered as unserious. I have never even dye my hair black before.

No, I don't dye my hair. I've always been satisfied with my natural hair color. I feel like dying my hair would be a lot of maintenance and upkeep that I'm not really interested in. Plus, I'm worried it could potentially damage the health of my hair over time.

I tried to do it and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with it because the hair color will never change by itself and for me it was interesting to understand how I could look with a different color. When I have gray hair in my old age, I don't think I will paint it because I like that color

I don't do it anymore, but I dyed my hair a lot when I was a student. Now I try to keep my natural color. If my hair starts going gray then I will start dyeing it again

I sometimes dye my beard and mustache but I don't dye my hair

Yes actually i am a fan of dyeing hair i used to dye my hair time to time but dyeing it grey seems to be ny favorite colour

Back