Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you donate blood when there is a camp organised?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
I used to donate blood everytime in the college and at work place but since I have been diagnosed with diabetes I have left donating blood. I don't know why people don't like donating blood when there are benefits of the same like

Donating blood allows donors to a free medical examination that checks for infectious diseases, hemoglobin, and blood pressure. Frequent blood donation can assist in lowering the body's iron imbalance. A pint of blood can burn as much as 650 calories.

Do you donate blood regularly or not?

No, I never donated my blood. My blood is just enough for me having a standard blood pressure which is 120 /80. I am maintaining this blood pressure. I will not be qualified. I am not fatty lady. My ex told me before that he liked fatty lady so I told him to find her. Our family doctor also said I am not qualities to donate my blood.

My sister used to do this while she was in school, but for myself, I have never done this or even come across a place where I can donate.

One should donate blood because your blood can save the life of someone who may be in need of it. These days, people don't hesitate to donate blood, unlike in the past, when people rarely used to donate blood.

You can donate your blood but not all people are capable to donate their blood as what I have already mentioned about the reasons why I cannot adnate my blood. Our family doctor stopped me of my decision to donate blood after checking my blood which is only enough for me. If you are having a high blood pressure, donate your blood.

I used to donate blood everytime in the college and at work place but since I have been diagnosed with diabetes I have left donating blood. I don't know why people don't like donating blood when there are benefits of the same like

Donating blood allows donors to a free medical examination that checks for infectious diseases, hemoglobin, and blood pressure. Frequent blood donation can assist in lowering the body's iron imbalance. A pint of blood can burn as much as 650 calories.

Do you donate blood regularly or not?
Actually you are right and I agreed with your words but I have never tried to do so but I wish I will be starting very soon when i established my business

Actually you are right and I agreed with your words but I have never tried to do so but I wish I will be starting very soon when i established my business

There is no link between a business and blood donation 😅. I donated blood when I was a student for two years when our college arranged a blood donation camp in the college campus itself. There were many students who donated blood.

There is no link between a business and blood donation 😅. I donated blood when I was a student for two years when our college arranged a blood donation camp in the college campus itself. There were many students who donated blood.
That's funny linking blood donating in business. Maybe he has not experienced blood letting. There might be none in his location. Also, not all schools organised a blood letting. The prisoners are the usual donors of blood. They are mostly huge and stout. They lack exercise so their weight increases.

Even my company organizes blood donation camps, and many of the employees donate blood here. As a momento, they receive a cup from the donation blood bank and a certificate with which a donor may get free blood if required for his/her acquittal or for himself/herself.

At the university blood letting is done every semester. There are many students almost 1000 of them donate blood. They are recommended by the university physicians. Two days before the blood letting, the student donors undergo physical check up if fit to donate their blood. There are few disqualified to donate.

Actually I can't donate blood on my current situation it seems the final year of studying was a lot more stress these day's I am always busy not having enough food and rest in other to focused on my final exams.

It is an honorable and admirable act to donate blood. If I am only qualified to donate my blood i will never give a second thought to it. It is good to save lives. The donated blood will be transported to the blood bank and be donated too to those patients in a hospital needing blood donation. There are times the blood bank runs out of blood.

Back