Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you cut your clothes if you throw them away?

Ronin

Veteran

Reaction score
I wonder if there are other people in the world who do like me because my mother always told me that if I throw away clothes I should cut them up because if one of the homeless people finds them and starts wearing them it can cause trouble for me but that's just superstition though I do so

It's possible though, someone can use the cloths to commit a crime and people who know you to be the owner of the cloth, might end up coming to accuse you. Most times I usually burn mine though, but not always.

It is just superstition, in fact I will advise that whenever you throw clothes away don't cut them, just put them in a place in which a homeless person can find it and will pick it up and start wearing. He will actually be thankful and be praying for you.

Its fine to give away clothes to the under privileged and my mom have been giving away all our old clothes from many years mostly to our neighbours

Instead of cutting the clothing, we exchange them for utensils. Used clothing has value. My wife began trading them for the utensils when I attempted to donate them but no one took them. I'm not sure if you may apply this barter system where you reside.

I wear mine until they are about to fall apart. Then I just rip them and into the garbage they go.

It's possible though, someone can use the cloths to commit a crime and people who know you to be the owner of the cloth, might end up coming to accuse you. Most times I usually burn mine though, but not always.
That's the angle that I find such advice reasonable. If you are known with a particular design of clothe in the environment and you throw it carelessly, someone can take it up, wear it to commit a crime and you can be mistakenly identified as the person that committed the crime because of the clothe.

That's the angle that I find such advice reasonable. If you are known with a particular design of clothe in the environment and you throw it carelessly, someone can take it up, wear it to commit a crime and you can be mistakenly identified as the person that committed the crime because of the clothe.
Very true, we just have to be careful when it comes to how we dispose our private things.

Oh, you have a point there. I have actually never thought of it that way. Left to me, I wouldn't have cut up any clothes, I will just leave it outside for anybody who is interested to come and carry it. But with what you have just said, I think I have to be careful from now on.

Oh, you have a point there. I have actually never thought of it that way. Left to me, I wouldn't have cut up any clothes, I will just leave it outside for anybody who is interested to come and carry it. But with what you have just said, I think I have to be careful from now on.
These things are subtle but they happen in real life. It is better to just play safe. If you are to give out your clothes, make sure it is only to people that you absolutely trust. Humans are dangerous.

These things are subtle but they happen in real life. It is better to just play safe. If you are to give out your clothes, make sure it is only to people that you absolutely trust. Humans are dangerous.
All right then, lessons learned. I'll make sure I don't just give out my clothes to anybody again. It is better I just look for people who i know very well and trust that they will not do me any bad.

Back