Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you believe there should be An age limit for Cricket players?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
I don't think they need that because there are some players that start early but get the opportunity very late and if they are fit and can play well then they can even play till 40 like Sachin and MS have done.

Do you believe there should be An age limit for Cricket players?

Even if there is no age limit still I see players wanting to retire when they are 32 or 34. Look at the case of Gukeerat maan who retired in early 30s

I think there should be an age limit, after all it's still a physical activity. It would definitely get to an age where these players will not be able to move like they use to any longer.

There are players that are fit and still playing well even if there age is more than 36 so they cannot add any age limit

What about when they get to the age of 50 or 50 and above? Will they still be able to play a well as they used to? Anyways those in the games know what's best.

Practically they cannot add a retirement limit for players because it depends on a persons fitness level and how they perform

I think they don't need it because the moment you are fit in a position you can play but people around 35 years above their performance will be slow

I don't think it's possible to add a retirement age and it won't be a good idea as many players play well even if they are 36 or above

I don't think there should be age limit to get selected in the nation team because sometimes a kid at a very small age has talent and can play better than others. Do you remember Parthiv Patel who played in the team at a very young age.

I think they don't need it because the moment you are fit in a position you can play but people around 35 years above their performance will be slow
It mostly depends on the individual though, there are some persons who at that age can perform pretty well, but there are others who at that age won't be able to perform.

A talent has no age. A child can perform well compared with youngsters. There have been many good players who came in the cricket team at a very young age and few of the examples are Sachin, Virat Kohli.

Setting an age limit is understandable, since it gets to a point where a player is past his prime and he won't have that quality anymore. But there are still some people who play well even at advanced age.

There are players from Afghanistan that are paying well even though their age is 38 or more and that's why they cannot add any such restriction or age limit

I don't think restrictions should not be done because talent doesn't see age. A child can play better than an adult, that is what I believe.

This will be end of associate nations then because their average age is 32+ and in some cases its more than that

It doesn't matter how old a player is; the thing is, he should play well and perform when his team requires him to play well.

Back