Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do men lack emotions?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
No, males are not emotionally lacking. Men feel emotions too, just like women do, but how they express and control those feelings is frequently influenced by cultural norms and societal expectations. Perhaps they conceal their emotions, particularly the more sensitive ones like vulnerability, fear, or despair. Toughness, courage, and endurance are highlighted. They don't show feelings that could be interpreted as weak. This leads to the repression of emotions, which may result in mental health problems. For fear of being viewed as weak, they are reluctant to ask for support. Our society typically takes this into consideration, yet it is incorrect. Do you believe that men are inherently emotionless?

Of course not men are humans and are also vulnerable and sentimental. Though they never show it but when they are alone they can express their sentiments and hurt feelings through crying. Those who keep it may get sick emotionally and mentally for they prefer not to cry because of pride which is wrong.

Men have been trained to hide their emotions and bottle them in. That is the definition of a macho man. But that is not helpful to men. I know showing emotions and being vulnerable helps in some ways to ease pressure from a hurting situation.

Men are not emotionless but the society believes men are both mentally and physically strong and men are not allowed to show their emotions but it's wrong

No. Men also have emotions, but most of the time they don't show them. They suppress their sad emotions and pretend to be strong so that others won't feel weak when they see them crying. Our society says that men should never cry, but that's totally wrong; they should let their emotions out to feel light and relaxed.

Men have emotions like every other human, the only difference is for most men, they are pretty good at hiding or masking their emotions.

No, males are not emotionally lacking. Men feel emotions too, just like women do, but how they express and control those feelings is frequently influenced by cultural norms and societal expectations. Perhaps they conceal their emotions, particularly the more sensitive ones like vulnerability, fear, or despair. Toughness, courage, and endurance are highlighted. They don't show feelings that could be interpreted as weak. This leads to the repression of emotions, which may result in mental health problems. For fear of being viewed as weak, they are reluctant to ask for support. Our society typically takes this into consideration, yet it is incorrect. Do you believe that men are inherently emotionless?
Actually not all human beings are the same but I believe most of men's are mentally and physically strong to hide their emotions

The funny thing is there are cases where men even tend to be more emotional than women, they just tend to bottle everything up inside.

The funny thing is there are cases where men even tend to be more emotional than women, they just tend to bottle everything up inside.

I have rarely found such people in my life. Maybe they are too weak and cry over even small things. Such people never achieve success in their lives. They think that by doing this, they will get the sympathy of others, but most people mock them.

I have rarely found such people in my life. Maybe they are too weak and cry over even small things. Such people never achieve success in their lives. They think that by doing this, they will get the sympathy of others, but most people mock them.
That's what the world don't understand. They tend to see those who show emotions as someone that is weak, but in reality it takes a lot of courage to show your emotions most times.

Exactly, people fear and wonder what society will say if they cry. I don't know why people are so concerned about it. I never care what people will say if I do something, and that's the reason I am happy with my life.

Back