Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Can you Name the Internet Providers in Your country?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
There are quite a few in India that include Airtel, JIO, Connect, Fastway, VI, and BSNL and most of these are good and have competitive rates but the most popular ones are Airtel and JIO.

Can you Name the Internet Providers in Your country?

U.S.- There are so many to list, the ones that come quickly to my head are Verizon Fios, Optimum, Spectrum and Starlink.

I have heard a lot about Verizon and Starlink. Are these the most popular? What is your preferred one or which one you have installed at your home?

I have heard about starlink as well, I think there are some persons in Nigeria who has this one.

In the Philippines, there are also many internet providers, and the overall provider throughout the country is Philippine Long Distance Telephone ( PLDT) . In every city, there are internet providers not found in my city. In the city where I live, we have PARASAT, Globe, Smart, Converge, TNT, and more.

We have Airtel in Nigeria too but they are a very terrible internet service provider. They charge double for your bandwidth usage. We also have MTN, Glo and 9mobile. We have Starlink and spectranet too. All of them have their own advantages and disadvantages.

I have Airtel service and I am very happy with it. Airtel and Jio are the most popular one. We have Fastway and BSNL and few other players too

Airtel is best in my location too just that the plans are little expensive if we compare it with connect or even with BSNL

Actually there are so many internet providers in my country. The number of them keeps on increasingly in popularity day by. We have like three mobile internet providers and many more others that provide the cellular routers and the WiFi.

One of the most popular providers is KYivstar. It is a monopolist in the market because they provide calls and mobile internet. They also have their own television provider and, of course, home Internet.

Wow KYivstar sounds like a best thing and even here Reliance JIO is planning to do that. They are already number 1 in mobile network, calling and internet and have Tv channel too

I have Airtel service and I am very happy with it. Airtel and Jio are the most popular one. We have Fastway and BSNL and few other players too
Airtel is not that good here in my country. Though there are some places where the network is pretty okay according to some users.

I think they are finding it challenging to work in a different country because in India they are best in the connectivity

Airtel is not that good here in my country. Though there are some places where the network is pretty okay according to some users.
Oh! I see. In India, they are the best and amongst the most popular one. I am a loyal customer in the last one decade. I never had a thought of changing my provider. They are competitive with their price as well as service. My daughter stays in hostel. There, they have some issues with Airtel connection. So, she has one mobile with JIO connectivity for emergency situations.

Oh! I see. In India, they are the best and amongst the most popular one. I am a loyal customer in the last one decade. I never had a thought of changing my provider. They are competitive with their price as well as service. My daughter stays in hostel. There, they have some issues with Airtel connection. So, she has one mobile with JIO connectivity for emergency situations.
I guess it's probably because they are originally from there. I heard they also have some cheap data offers over here as well though.

I guess it's probably because they are originally from there. I heard they also have some cheap data offers over here as well though.
In India, we get one of world's cheapest Internet service and mobile data plans. We are fortunate that way. Airtel provides a very quality service at a reasonable price. But yes, it has some connectivity issues reported from rural and remote areas..Jio works better in those areas.

In India, we get one of world's cheapest Internet service and mobile data plans. We are fortunate that way. Airtel provides a very quality service at a reasonable price. But yes, it has some connectivity issues reported from rural and remote areas..Jio works better in those areas.
I guess it's understandable if the reports are coming from rural areas, probably its just a matter of time, they will be able to have stronger networks over there.

I guess it's understandable if the reports are coming from rural areas, probably its just a matter of time, they will be able to have stronger networks over there.
There has been a huge and very noticeable developments in this area. Even the remotest of the areas are now connected via Internet and the quality of the connectivity has also improved a lot in these years. What seemed unimaginable a few decades back is a reality now

There has been a huge and very noticeable developments in this area. Even the remotest of the areas are now connected via Internet and the quality of the connectivity has also improved a lot in these years. What seemed unimaginable a few decades back is a reality now
That's a good one then. Over here, it would be nice if our local network provider Glo put in more effort in improving their services.

Airtel has done well to enter other countries and first they started to work in Bangladesh, Kenya and now I guess they are working in Most of Africa and I am sure they will do well in coming years

Back