Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Can you cut a cat?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
On the Internet, I saw many videos when cat owners cut their hair in the summer because they thought it was hot and they wanted to save it from suffering. But in fact, this is their natural temperature regulator and to think that they are hot is stupid and because of its absence, animals can get sick

Never did that. They can take care of themselves. Give them food and care they needs.

Cats are the most self sufficient pets. They need little help.

That is unnecessarily brutal. Why would anyone intentionally cut a cat because why they want to make them not to feel hot? That's unreasonable if you ask me. I've never heard of a cat that died from too much heat in the summer, so why would anyone cut it?

While it is technically possible to cut a single cat hair, I wouldn't recommend doing so unless absolutely necessary. Cat hair is incredibly fine and delicate, making it challenging to target a single strand without causing distress to the cat or potentially damaging the hair. In most cases, it's best to simply let the cat groom itself naturally.

Leave the cats alone they are very capable animals and don't need your help.

I don't think I would be able to do this though, I don't have any experience with pets though and I honestly don't plan on having one

I don't think it's wise to do that. They have natural hair and they don't feel cold or hot with their hair. I see lots of people have their cat hair cut just to make them look good. Even there are special saloons for the same.

They should not do that and should take special care in doing anything that can hurt their pet

I don't think it's wise to do that. They have natural hair and they don't feel cold or hot with their hair. I see lots of people have their cat hair cut just to make them look good. Even there are special saloons for the same.
If this is true then it is messed up. What's Joy do they derive in doing that? It will be absolutely better for them not to have a pet than to have one and be treating it like this.

None of my friends who have a cat have done this because they know that it should not be done. However, when I had a dog, I sometimes cut off the excess hair because I understood that it was hot in the summer

Actually that wasn't fair because every creature tends to take care of him self and I cannot practice that on my pet despite that I provide them what they need

Back