Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Can yoga help with weight loss?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
Yoga is a low impact exercise, however, to lose weight you need to do a high impact exercise that burns your calories. Therefore, yoga alone may not lead to significant weight loss, it can be a valuable component of a weight loss method, thoug. Yoga helps improve flexibility, strength, and mindfulness, which can support overall well-being and potentially aid in weight management when combined with other healthy habits.

Yes, yoga is not a very energetic thing, but you can also lose weight if you do it often because you need to change your posture very often and this is quite a movement and therefore it can also cause significant weight loss

I am sure that it is possible for you to achieve weight loss when you are practicing yoga. The most important thing is for you to know exactly what you are doing when you are practicing yoga exercise because it is very efficient and effective when it comes to helping you to lose weight and even keep fit as well.

Yoga alone may not lead to dramatic weight loss for most people, it can be a helpful complement to a calorie-controlled diet and other exercise. Certain vigorous yoga styles like power yoga provide a solid cardio and strength-training workout to burn calories.

Any form of physical activity will consume calories to an extent. So yes it can help, but the more you sweat, the more you lose. Does one sweat with yoga?

It's possible but you will have very little results if you rely on just this. Then in a situation where you are still eating the same quantity you used to eat before, I doubt there would be any results.

This will definitely help because I even practiced yoga myself and there are a lot of exercises that are difficult to do and therefore the body has to expend a lot of energy in order to do it with its own weight, so the weight is also lost from this

This will definitely help because I even practiced yoga myself and there are a lot of exercises that are difficult to do and therefore the body has to expend a lot of energy in order to do it with its own weight, so the weight is also lost from this
Really, I heard yoga can be pretty effective, between weight loss and maintaining a stable mind?

Back