Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Can pets be punished?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
I haven't had a pet for a long time, but even when I had one, I never punished him, although he often messed around in the house. Sometimes it annoyed me, but I understand that their mind does not work like ours and I cannot punish it in any way.

Never. They are like us and hurting them is not good.

But showing them the difference between what is right and wrong is always a good idea.

Yes pets can be punished, but it mainly depends on how you train them. Not giving them food when it's time for their feeding is also another way to punish them. I have a friend who tells his dog to go face the wall for some minutes whenever it does something bad, though this dog has been well trained.

Yes I believe that pets can be punished, so that they will realize that what they did is wrong. There was a time when our cat ate some meat in the kitchen, my mom made sure that she gave the cat a good beating, and since then it has not attempted to eat anything that is not offered to it again.

Never punish your pet, I have 2 girl cats and if they are doing something bad all I have to do is raise my voice and they stop what they are doing.

The topic of punishing pets is a controversial one. Most animal behavioral experts advise against using punishment-based training methods, as they can damage the human-animal bond and lead to fear or aggressive behaviors in the pet. Instead, they recommend positive reinforcement techniques that reward good behaviors. I believe the best approach is to focus on encouraging and motivating desired behaviors through praise and treats, not punishment.

I had a small dog and very often she also made a mess in the house, but I have never stolen an animal because I know that their mind is comparable to that of a small child

I love pet and I actually own a cat pet but I think it's not proper to punish a pet because we do not have the same understanding

Back