Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Blue screen of death's error

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
Yesterday, July 19, Microsoft users worldwide experienced a blue screen of death's error after a recent update from CrowdStrike. Many banks, companies, corporations, and establishments were affected by the outage. Crowdstrike already acknowledged the problem and is currently investigating the cause. I was at home yesterday and I experienced it with my two naked eyes, the screen turned blue. I thought my laptop got a virus. After one hour, I restarted my laptop and thankful it got back to its feet.

Did you experience it yesterday, July 19, 2024?

Yes, we had problems in our factory for around 4–5 hours. Our systems were all stopped, and all the workers were idle at that time. Thankfully, our customer also faced the same problem; otherwise, we may have fallen into a big problem.

Wow that's serious, I did not experienced this, or maybe I missed it? I did not on my laptop yesterday till around after 6 in the evening. Was very busy offline. That by the side I did not come across any complains over here from anyone.

I didn't used the laptop for the whole of yesterday so l really have no Idea about it

Same with me; I didn't use my laptop the whole day, so it was not affected, whereas at work all my PCs were affected because of the cyber attack. Many of the companies had to suffer and declare off for their employees where the work is more based on computers.

The Ph banking systems, the Cebu Pacific Airlines were affected. Microsoft already investigated the cause so most probably everything will be fine. Hoping it won't happen again because it disables navy systems on technology.

I didn't notice the outage. It was this morning I learned about it because I didn't use my computer yesterday. But I guess it is back up again?

I didn't notice the outage. It was this morning I learned about it because I didn't use my computer yesterday. But I guess it is back up again?

Yes, it happened for 4-5 hours when every computer at my work place stopped working.

The airlines like Cebu Pacific are back to their normal voyages so also the banking services and those that were affected by the Microsoft outage. That was the first in the history of Microsoft Word, I thought my laptop got a virus, but I am thankful, it did not.

It was a problem globally. Is the hacker identified? This gives me a feeling that how much we are dependent on the computers these days. The world will stop if the computers doesn't work for sometime. This was proved.😅

Microsoft was not hacked, it suffered an outage as per the report from CrowdStrike. There are still some companies and banks that cannot get access to their data at this time. it is a huge issue in Microsoft's history. Hoping it will be cleared as soon as possible.

This made the headlines. It was a long outage and globally impacted so many services. It was a big chaos on airports across the globe. And Australian government even went to call for an emergency meeting. I didn't experience it personally. Yes, I refrained from any online banking transactions for a day.

The CEO of CrowdStrike was called by the US Congress and Senate to explain the causes why there was a sudden Microsoft outage that disabled many businesses around the world. This time, there are other businesses hat cannot continue doing their business. The outage continues.

Yes, I experienced the blue screen error on July 19, 2024, due to a recent CrowdStrike update. Thankfully, my laptop recovered after an hour and a restart.

The CEO of CrowdStrike was called by the US Congress and Senate to explain the causes why there was a sudden Microsoft outage that disabled many businesses around the world. This time, there are other businesses hat cannot continue doing their business. The outage continues.
I read that it took 17 hours for the issue to be completely resolved. And that lead to a widespread impact for few days. The backlogs at airports are still causing a lot of inconvenience. Some airports are still struggling with managing the overcrowding and getting back to the track. Some banking systems were also down. It impacted many other businesses too.

I read that it took 17 hours for the issue to be completely resolved. And that lead to a widespread impact for few days. The backlogs at airports are still causing a lot of inconvenience. Some airports are still struggling with managing the overcrowding and getting back to the track. Some banking systems were also down. It impacted many other businesses too.
The CEO of CrowdStrike was demanded by the US Congress and Senate to discuss the causes of the Microsoft outage and the remedy to resolve the issue. The CEO promised to work 24 hours to resolve the problem that caused panic worldwide.

I was stucked at the road which I think is result of error in trafficator and again am hungry eager to eat and again no one to serve me

Back