Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News At least 50 killed as heavy rains set off flash floods in Afghanistan

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
At least 50 people perished on Friday in Baghlan province, northern Afghanistan, by flash floods caused by seasonal rains, according to a Taliban official. Homes and other property were also damaged by the floods in a number of districts, according to Edayatullah Hamdard, the provincial director of Natural Disaster Management in Baghlan. The death toll, according - him, and is preliminary and “might rise as many people are missing.”

If it's not disaster caused by man, it would be one cause by nature. Things just keeps happening. Every day is one negative news or the other. I really do hope things gets better in the future though.

This is sad news. I hope that arrangements are being made to provide relief and care for those who are physically affected, and proper burial should be done for those who died.

Lots of people have died in a flash flood in Afghanistan. It's sad because more people are losing their lives in natural disasters these days. I remember we had a flash flood here, which took the lives of several people. It was one of the most horrific disasters of all time.

Natural disasters are getting more and more frequent in the recent times. Afghanistan has been going through a lot since the last few decades. As such most people live there in a very poor condition not having proper shelter and basic needs including safety. Things get more devastating with such natural disasters. Poor nations struggle more with relief and restoration work.

Natural disasters are getting more and more frequent in the recent times. Afghanistan has been going through a lot since the last few decades. As such most people live there in a very poor condition not having proper shelter and basic needs including safety. Things get more devastating with such natural disasters. Poor nations struggle more with relief and restoration work.
It is sad to see people who don't have much still getting battered by natural disasters. And I don't think the government is doing much to provide relief for affected people.

I completely understand how you feel. It seems like there's always some new disaster or crisis in the news, whether caused by humans or nature. Despite the constant stream of negative news, I also hold hope that things will improve in the future.
Yes one thing we should never give up on is hope. Let's keep hoping am pretty sure things would be better in the end.

It is sad to see people who don't have much still getting battered by natural disasters. And I don't think the government is doing much to provide relief for affected people.
Afghanistan has been suffering a lot in the last few decades. And their trauma does not seem to end. Wish that they could have some stability in their country. They have always suffered in names of wars and religious fanatics. The common men pays the price.

We are really in need of rainy here in my country. The planted crops are really struggling for the survival.

We are really in need of rainy here in my country. The planted crops are really struggling for the survival.
Oh! I feel terrible when all the efforts and hardwork of farmers are ruined due to lack of rain or excessive rain. It's a lot of time and effort to grow food. I really pray that you get sufficient rain for these crops. Drought and famine can be devastating.

The disaster happening is something that is actually uncontrollable but what happened to the meteorological agency of that country being aware ahead of time and issuing warnings for people to leave that location?

Back