Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Are you comfortable with the mentioning of your age in public?

Stardom22

Active Contributor

Reaction score
For me l really like and l don't shy off on mentioning my age on public.
However some people seems to be very surprised when they hear about my age. That's because l look so younger than my actual agee.

I don't see any big deal with disclosing my age. I am an open person like that. There is no reason to hide my age. That's how I almost got injected with a drug that was too much for my age because my girlfriend inflated my age to cover our age difference. Keeping your age a secret can lead people to assume many things which might not turn out to favour you.

It's also a problem for me sometimes because I look younger than my age and sometimes I can't even buy alcohol in peace. It annoys me, but I think for a few more years it won't be a problem for me anymore

On a normal day I am the kind of person who likes keeping details about myself private. As long as I know my information would not profit you in any way, there is no need knowing about it. Due to this I am not okay with people talking about my age in public.

No I am not comfortable with mentioning my age anyhow in public. I certainly do not want every body I see and meet to know exactly how old I am. It is supposed to be confidential at least to an extent, let them keep guessing.
So I don't mention my age to just anyone in public.

Definitely not. I get told I look much younger and I resent it.

I don't mind mentioning my age in public settings. Age is just a number, and I believe it's healthy to be open and comfortable discussing it. That said, I also understand that some people prefer to keep their age private for personal reasons. At the end of the day, it's an individual choice. For me personally, I have no issues transparently sharing my age when appropriate or relevant.

Unless for tangible reasons, I see no reason why some random people have to know my age. I don't like many people knowing too much about me, so I wouldn't just tell anyone my age unless they deserve to know.

I do not mind talking about my real age in real life, however, in the virtual world I do not like to reveal my real age. That's because of data privacy concern. Age is just a number and I am not afraid of getting old. However, I am not comfortable talking about my income.

Although there is a stereotype that women do not like to tell their real age, I have no problems with this. I never make up a younger age than I really am because it just doesn't make sense to me and I wouldn't want to lie, I don't think that the attitude towards me will change if my age turns out not to be what people expected

I don't mind and it's mostly the opposite sex that does not like to reveal their correct age in public

Probably no I am not comfortable with it because i am very fat people tends to make it funnier because I am older than my age

That is a normal thing and unavoidable if you are interviewed publicly because you are somebody in your place or you won something and interviewed live via TV or radio. Sometimes I am also wondering why age is asked even if won a lottery or hired as board of judges. Age matters and must not be hidden by only saying that you are of legal age.

Back