Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Are there any connections between the eye movement and the dreams you have?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
Research suggests that eye movements during REM sleep, when most dreams occur, are closely linked to the content of dreams. Studies have shown that the direction and speed of eye movements can correspond to the actions and movements within the dream scenario. This connection implies that the brain's visual cortex is active during REM sleep, reconstructing visual experiences and emotions, and influencing the narrative of our dreams. By analyzing eye movements, we may gain a better understanding of the neural processes that shape our dreams.

Actually no, what you just said has not been scientifically proven. So I don't think that there is any particular or notable connection between our eyes and the dreams we have when we sleep.

What research please, I would like to go through it for myself as well.

Back