Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Debate Are fast food attempts at a deal too small?

Jayson

Active Contributor

Reaction score

What is worth $5? Myself, I think the deals are adequate. However, it's not a buffet meal. Anyway, when it comes to McDonalds, I used to like the Double Quarter Pounder Combo because it filled you up the most. However, now I'm sure it costs $12, and that's even outside of California.

Over here most fast food usually sell their meals at a very expensive rate but the food is usually pretty small. So it's best I just focus on cooking at home.

I think the KFC meal is worth it, but you have to get water with it. I think the Checkers meal is worth it. Anyway, I simply can't afford $10 combos on my salary.

That's the thing, most times their offers could actually be worth it but based on what we are earning it might not be suitable for us to spend that much.

That means $5 is not enough to get you an average meal where you stay? Such seems to be the case in my country. The price of foods have skyrocketed without hope of it going down again. Inflation is hitting hard.

Over here most fast food usually sell their meals at a very expensive rate but the food is usually pretty small. So it's best I just focus on cooking at home.

If you are staying in a region where the food is always expensive at restaurants, then making your home meal is the best move to make. I wouldn't want to support anyone spending more on food no matter the situation.

If you are staying in a region where the food is always expensive at restaurants, then making your home meal is the best move to make. I wouldn't want to support anyone spending more on food no matter the situation.
Exactly, the amount you would spend on a single plate would be enough to at least cook something that would give you two plates. Though there are some cheap restaurants, which is the local ones, but I still prefer eating at home unless due to certain situations where I am not able to cook.

Exactly, the amount you would spend on a single plate would be enough to at least cook something that would give you two plates. Though there are some cheap restaurants, which is the local ones, but I still prefer eating at home unless due to certain situations where I am not able to cook.
That's what I do too. Why should I spend money to go and eat outside when I can use the same money to prepare times 2 of the food at home?

That's what I do too. Why should I spend money to go and eat outside when I can use the same money to prepare times 2 of the food at home?
True, but we have a lot of people out there today who do not care about management, they just one to enjoy life or just show to others that they are doing okay when in reality they are not.

Whether I eat fast foods or not depends on how much time I have on my hands. If I'm very busy, I will have no choice but to eat out, but at a reputable restaurant.

As someone who loves cooking, I don't fancy the idea of eating outside at all. So I rarely do it, except maybe on occasions or outings or date nights.

Money isn't the issue for me or the sizes. I think that fast foods are fattening and are not good for my waistline, so try to avoid them. Where I use fast foods is when I'm travelling and out of town.

Money isn't the issue for me or the sizes. I think that fast foods are fattening and are not good for my waistline, so try to avoid them. Where I use fast foods is when I'm travelling and out of town.
They are source of cancer and illness and various visits to the hospital due to their toxicity.

They are source of cancer and illness and various visits to the hospital due to their toxicity.
It depends on what it is. For instance, hot dogs, that aren't non-nitrate, are very toxic. Myself, I avoid them a lot, but in moderation they probably are just as harmful as an occasional cigarette.

It depends on what it is. For instance, hot dogs, that aren't non-nitrate, are very toxic. Myself, I avoid them a lot, but in moderation they probably are just as harmful as an occasional cigarette.
Hotdogs and those kind of fast foods are slow poisons. Doctors will frankly tell you to either eat a very little amount or stay away from them completely.

To be honest, I feel guilty of eating fast foods and junks every now and then. I have to do that because most times I'm too busy to cook at home.

Back