Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News 4-year-old boy dies after father shoves chilli into his mouth

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
A Singaporean man who reportedly killed his four-year-old kid by forcing chili into his mouth nearly two years ago has been sentenced to eight months in prison. Channel News Asia (CNA) said that the 38-year-old guy put the tip of a chili into the little boy's mouth while he was toilet training. The youngster had passed a stool. When his father noticed the stench of stool and asked if he had relived himself, the youngster denied it. The guy chose to discipline his son.He then sat in a chair and allegedly pushed the tip of a chile into the boy's mouth. The four-year-old fainted immediately after running about the room, gesticulating at his throat, according to the CNA.

Thats sad. Sometimes I wonder whether some people's hearts are made of stone. 8 months imprisonment? That's like a vacation for him 🙄

He will be forced to live with what he has done for the rest of his life, that is punishment enough.

8 months imprisonment is not enough . This is very less punishment for taking a life of a kid.

There is notting wrong with parents choosing to discipline their child, but at the same time they need to be careful what and how they do it and even the reasons why they do it. Not all situations calls for discipline.

There is notting wrong with parents choosing to discipline their child, but at the same time they need to be careful what and how they do it and even the reasons why they do it. Not all situations calls for discipline.

That's true. There are methods that can be used to discipline a kid, but we need to check that those methods may not be harmful to the kid. Hitting a child or harming a child physically is what I don't prefer. I hate people who try to be disciplined by it.

That's true. There are methods that can be used to discipline a kid, but we need to check that those methods may not be harmful to the kid. Hitting a child or harming a child physically is what I don't prefer. I hate people who try to be disciplined by it.
Yes, over here in my country hitting a child is pretty common when it comes to ways we discipline children. It's more like it is part of our culture.

Yes, over here in my country hitting a child is pretty common when it comes to ways we discipline children. It's more like it is part of our culture.

In schools, the practice of hitting the kids is strictly prohibited, and I think this has affected the behavior of the kids. They are not scared of the teachers anymore, unlike in the past. Sometimes it should be allowed in order to get the kids on the right track.

In schools, the practice of hitting the kids is strictly prohibited, and I think this has affected the behavior of the kids. They are not scared of the teachers anymore, unlike in the past. Sometimes it should be allowed in order to get the kids on the right track.
Yes I agree with this, once in a while it should be allowed, this would calm the kids down.most of them are growing worse today simply because they are not being disciplined.

Spare the rod and spoil the child, they usually say. Without proper discipline those children will mostly turn out rogue.

Spare the rod and spoil the child, they usually say. Without proper discipline those children will mostly turn out rogue.
Exactly, discipline is part of training our children to be better. I see most people who tend to avoid this with their children. They feel this is them showing love but is not.

Exactly, discipline is part of training our children to be better. I see most people who tend to avoid this with their children. They feel this is them showing love but is not.
Big mistake I wouldn't make when I become a father. My kids will receive discipline when necessary.

I can say this because every time I have to listen to the tantrums of my son in school, I wish the teachers were strict; my son would have been more disciplined. It looks as if he goes to school for mischief and not for studies.

Well while the school is s place they learn, it's also where they meet different people with different characters and the likes. It's easy for them to copy these things and the teachers may not want to be so strict since it's not their children. It now falls back to the parents to do something.

Back